What we do
Switch your thinking is a green living Local Government initiative that helps the people of Perth, our business community and Western Australian Councils to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to global efforts to secure a safe climate. To achieve this we:
- Promote resource efficiency and environmental awareness
- Trial new technologies and new ways of doing things
- Upskill our community and facilitate behaviour change
- Assist partner Councils to implement corporate greenhouse abatement strategies
- Forge partnerships with businesses, government agencies and community groups that share our vision.
Since we started in 2002, we have helped our program partners and community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 339,700 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent which is the same as putting 790,000 barrels of crude oil back in the ground.
Want to get involved and help us make an even bigger difference?
Find small ways to make a big difference
Join others in your community in learning how to reduce your environment footprint
Help multiply the savings