By making a few simple changes in your kitchen, you can help make the most of the water, energy and resources used to grow, harvest, transport and process your food.
- Plan ahead – Put a meal idea against each night of the week and make the plan available to your family.
- Choose less packaging – Aim for plastic-free purchases
- Buy what you need – Shop frequently, stick to your list and avoid impulse buys
- Store food correctly – Fridge, freezer, pantry or counter? Every food has its favourite spot. Find out more.
- Cook the right amount – Our portions are often too big. Save time and money by only cooking what you need.
- Eat it or store for later – Love your leftovers, store them well and plan how you will use them. See recipe ideas here.