Reusable cloth nappies have come a long way from terry towelling squares! Modern cloth nappies don’t need pins or soaking and come in a lot of fun designs. Making the switch to cloth nappies will reduce the waste you send to landfill and save you money. Switch your thinking is offering residents of the City of Armadale, City of Gosnells and Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale a 50% subsidy to try cloth nappies, making it easy for you to switch from disposables and find a cloth nappy that suits the needs of you and your baby.
- How does the Switch your thinking modern cloth nappy library trial work?
- What are modern cloth nappies and how do they work?
- How do I know if modern cloth nappies are right for my family and if so which type should I choose?
- What is in the Switch your thinking modern cloth nappy library trial pack?
- How to join
Up to 20 eligible families in the City of Armadale, City of Gosnells and Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale will receive a pack of modern cloth nappies and accessories to try for a month. Once the trial month is finished, simply return the clean nappies in a reply paid Australia Post satchel. The nappies will be disinfected and provided to another family to try. The Nappy Guru one month nappy library costs $120, with Switch your thinking subsidy you'll only pay $60 plus deposit.
Prior to receiving the subsidy you will be asked to attend a Switch your thinking modern cloth nappy workshop online.
We hope the trial will help you find a style of nappy that suits you and your baby. There are no sales prompts to continue using the nappy library or to purchase anything.
Modern cloth nappies are shaped, fitted, washable, reusable nappies. Typically made from fabrics such as hemp and bamboo they are the same shape as a disposable nappy and most fasten using press studs or Velcro.
They are easy to put on and don’t require pins, soaking or bleaching.
Modern cloth nappies come in a range of styles, brands, sizes and prices.
The right style for your baby will depend on his/her size and shape and as well as your family’s lifestyle.
The large number of options available can be overwhelming for parents and carers that are new to modern cloth nappies. Subscribing to a nappy library gives you the opportunity to try out a range of styles, brands and sizes to see which will work best for you and your bub without investing in nappies that might not fit.
Kits include a mix of one size and sized nappies, accommodating infants at different ages and weights.
Each kit includes:
- 30 newborn nappies or 20 nappies for 6+ weeks old
- A range of brands including Baby Bare, Baby BeeHinds, Bambooty, Gro Via, Pea Pods and many more. The kit includes different styles and materials, so you can find what works best for you and your bub
- A personalised washing guide that suits your machine and detergent
- A large and extra-large wetbag
- 20 reusable nappy liners
- 1 stain removing soap bar
- A copy of Switch your thinking's Guide of Modern Cloth Nappies and the terms and conditions of hire
A full list of contents is available here.
How to join
To join please contact [email protected] or 0427 917 655. Be prepared to provide proof of residency in City of Armadale, City of Gosnells or Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale. Your payment will be taken by the Nappy Guru when you book in your nappy library and your discount applied at the check-out.