Switched on business and industry
2008 - 2009
Switched on Business and Industry sought to improve sustainable business practices within the Cities of Gosnells and Armadale and address environmental efficiency of small to medium sized enterprises by providing free energy, water and waste audits and training opportunities.
The Switched on Business and Industry project achieved its objectives by:
- Recruiting 154 small to medium businesses in the Cities of Gosnells and Armadale.
- Providing free energy, water and waste audits.
- Creating tailored audit reports including recommendations.
- Hosting Sustainable Business Management workshops.
- Providing follow up assessments and comparison reports.
In the first 12 months after initial audit participating businesses saved:
- Over $68 000 on reduced energy, water, waste and transport costs
- 460 245 kilowatt hours of electricity and natural gas
- 66 350 litres of potable water
- 440 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced the amount of waste sent to landfill per year by over 118 800 litres.
If you have a specific question relevant to your business, please contact us.
Special thanks to AusIndustry, Maddington Kenwick Sustainable Communities Partnership and Swan Catchment Council who made the Switched on Business and Industry project possible.