Forest Crescent Primary School has been a registered Waste Wise School since 2010. Waste reducing initiatives include:
- Collecting batteries, ring pulls, corks and mobile phones
- Reducing food waste going to landfill by maintaining school worm farms
- Every Year 4 student participates in incursions where they learn about waste and recycling
- Recycling displays in the library
- The ‘Zero waste lunchbox challenge’ where classes compete to produce the least amount of waste.
- Paper recycling (completed weekly by Green Team members)